Cradle to Cradle Certified
The Cradle to Cradle CertifiedCM Products Standard is a multi-attribute, continuous improvement methodology that evaluates products across 5 categories of human and environmental health and is administered by the Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute. Product certification is awarded at five levels (Basic, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum), with the expectation that an applicant will optimize each aspect of their product over time. The ultimate goal is to encourage innovation and the design of products that effectively and positively impact people and the environment.
While many certifications in the market address one aspect of a product or its production, the Cradle to Cradle Certified Product Standard addresses 5 quality categories relating to human and environmental health:
- Material Health: Products are made with materials that are safe and healthy for humans and the environment
- Material Reutilization: Products are designed so all ingredients can be reused safely by nature or industry
- Renewable Energy and Carbon Management: Products are assembled and manufactured with renewable, non-polluting energy
- Water Stewardship: Products are made in ways that protect and enrich water supplies
- Social Fairness: Products are made in ways that advance social and environmental justice
Cradle to Cradle CertifiedCM Reynaers Aluminium products (Bronze):
- Door frame systems: CS 77, CS 77-AP, SL 38 in all insulation variants.
- Window frame systems: CS 77, CS 77-AP, CS 77-HV, SL 38 in all insulation variants, MasterLine 8 in standard and HI insulation levels in 4 design variants.
- Curtain wall frame systems: CW 50-HI.
For more information on the Cradle to Cradle certification, visit the website of theCradle to Cradle Innovation Institute.